Try your brain at this fun fitness quiz. Answers are below.
1) BMI (Body Mass Index) is
a. an estimate of body composition that compares weight and height
b. a calculation of the percentage of body fat within an individual
c. an individual’s percentage of muscle tissue
2) Which is not a primary benefit of Resistance (weight) training?
a. an increase in bone density
b. an increase in muscle fibre size
c. increased blood delivery
3) Our primary source of fuel when we exercise is…
4) A healthy resting heart rate is…
a. 70-75 bpm
b. 90-100 bpm
c. 110-120 bpm
5) Flexibility training is important because…
a. it helps reduce stress in the exercising muscles and release tension developed in the workout
b. it decreases your chance of developing osteoporosis
c. it develops cardiovascular strength
6) Which statement is false
a. Women in their third trimester should avoid exercises where they are on their backs for a prolonged period of time.
b. Women who exercise while pregnant have higher rates of miscarriages.
c. Exercising while pregnant can help prevent gestational diabetes
7) Which statement is false: Individuals with osteoporosis should …
a. perform strength training 2-3 times a week and balance training once a week
b. do 30 minutes of physical activity each day
c. avoid all resistance training
8) Which statement is true?
a. genetics accounts for 80% of how fat you are.
b. Women should avoid weights because they may bulk up
c. Cardiovascular training lowers blood pressure
9) To determine maximum heart rate, calculate
a. Resting heart rate plus 50
c. Resting heart rate times 2
10) When exercising for a cardiovascular benefit, your heart rate should be…
a. 60-85% of your maximum
b. 45% of maximum
c. 20% of maximum
answers: 1.a, 2.c, 3.a, 4.a, 5.a, 6.b, 7.c, 8.c, 9.b, 10.a
Got a question? Email me