Pregnancy is a time of great change in a woman’s body. It is especially important during this time to prepare your body for the upcoming birth of your child by keeping active, practicing proper breathing techniques and developing strength in the pelvic girdle muscles.
Yoga and Strength Training are two great ways to prepare your body for pregnancy and birth.
Benefits of Prenatal Yoga:
- Learn proper breathing techniques to ease stress and labour pains
- Increase you flexibility in the joints that need to be open for labour while decreasing lower back and neck pain.
- Sleep better. Yoga can have a relaxation effect on the body, easing you into a better night’s sleep
- Educate yourself. Join a prenatal yoga class run by a doula and get advice on the realities of pregancy and labour while sharing your experiences with other expectant moms.
FOR A GREAT PRENATAL YOGA CLASS RUN BY A EXPERIENCED DOULA TRY SasmitaYoga.com
Benefits of strength training during pregnancy:
- Develop more core strength and strengthen your pelvic girdle to help make labour easier
- Raise you metabolism so that you gain weight at a healthy pace. While performing cardio exercises raises your metabolism in the short term, strength training raises your overall metabolism so that your body works more efficiently 24 hours a day.
- Decrease your chance of injury and discomfort during pregnancy. As the hormone relax in kicks in your joints become looser. Strength training helps to keep a balance between strength and flexibility in the body and makes it less likely that you will injure yourself.
- Increase your self image. As you belly expands, you can feel stronger and more confident knowing that you are do an activity that is making your body healthier.
- Get back in shape quicker post baby. Women who exercise pre and during pregnancy reach their pre-pregnancy weight quicker because their bodies are healthier.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON PRIVATE PRENATAL STRENGTH TRAINING call Lauren at 647-294-5155 or email me